The purpose of a Qualified Certificate (QC) is to enable the creation of Qualified Electronic Signature (QES) in accordance with the Electronic Documents and Signatures Law of Macao SAR (EDS Law no. 5/2005) and others international standards, using together with a Secure Signature-Creation Device (SSCD).
According to the Law, an Electronic Document signed with a Qualified Electronic Signature (QES) is equivalent to a hand-written signature with full evidentiary power in term of legal effectiveness.
Benefits of using QES
QES was specially designed to provide you with the following necessary assurances, required for legal and secure electronic transactions:
- Authentication (who you are);
- Integrity (what you sent);
- Non-repudiation (you can’t deny it);
- Confidentiality (accessible only to those authorized to have access).
Some of the key advantages of using the Qualified Certificate are:
- The highest assertion level available for verifying your personal electronic identity;
- Protection and assurance of extremely sensitive information and high value transactions;
- Detection of any fraudulent alteration of electronic documents and transactions;
- The verification of the lawful authenticity and validity of the QES;
- Creation of a non-reputable signature on electronic transactions or documents;
- Eliminate any probability of accepting forged documents.
Optional Encipherment Certificate can also be used together, the main purposes of utilising the Encipherment Certificate are:
- Protection of secret or confidential information from unintended audience;
- State-of-the-art technology used for encryption.
Taking into consideration the different needs and rights of individual users and corporations, eSignTrust issues three similar but distinctively suitable Qualified Certificates.
- Personal Qualified Certificate - is intended for a natural person with valid proof of identity. The usage of this Certificate is for signing documents on one's own behalf.
- Corporate Qualified Certificate - is designed for authorized personnel of a company, enterprise, institution or association etc, with a valid business registration certificate issued by Government of Macao SAR or a legal registered unit in Macao. The usage is intended for signing documents on behalf of his or her represented organisation.
- Government Qualified Certificate - will be used by authorized personnel of a government agency or department. The usage is intended for signing documents on behalf of his or her government agency or department.
Since a Qualified Certificate will validate the identity of its holder, hence all QES applicants must be satisfactorily identified before they receive a Qualified Certificate. The applicants are required to meet with a Registration Authority (RA) Officer or representative during the identification process.
The Qualified Certificate and Encipherment Certificate together with their respective Private Keys will be stored inside a Secure Signature-Creation Device (SSCD); therefore the holder of the certificates must supply a personal password during the registration to protect and access those keys.
Application Procedures and Requirements
eSignTrust will issue the appropriate Qualified Certificate, depending on individual or organisational needs, the procedures and requirements are as follow:
|Personal User||Government/Corporate User|
|Please follow the instructions shown below:
|Please follow the instructions shown below:
Your eSignTrust Certificate is an important electronic ID for use on the Internet. If the information in your Certificate is no longer valid or your Certificate is lost, damaged, suspected to have been compromised, or stolen, you should by yourself or request eSignTrust to suspend or revoke your Certificate immediately. A Suspended Certificate can later be un-suspended or revoked; likewise, a Revoked Certificate is irrevocable.
How to Suspend or Revoke a Qualified Certificate
A Subscriber may suspend or revoke his/her eSignTrust Certificates in the following ways:
- Online Revocation. You may just go to here and follow the instructions to revoke your own certificates online.
- Request eSignTrust. You may submit a Certificate Suspension/Revocation Request Form to eSignTrust to suspend or revoke your Certificate.
Certificate Status Update after Suspension or Revocation
The certificate status update is immediate via our OCSP Service (Online Certificate Status Protocol) or Online Search Pages. You may go to Certificate Status and Information in our Repository to look for the real-time status of any eSignTrust Certificates.
Optionally, you may obtain the information via Certificate Revocation List also in our Repository to which the certificate status update is published for access by the public in a daily basis. Your revoked certificate will be updated to the latest CRL in next publishing.
To know more our practices, please read our Certification Practice Statement (CPS).
|Description||Price (MOP)||Validity||Assurance / Liability Limits (MOP)|
|Personal Qualified Certificate||$150.00 / year||3 years||$200,000.00|
|Government Qualified Certificate||$200.00 / year||3 years||$200,000.00|
|Corporate Qualified Certificate||$200.00 / year||3 years||$200,000.00|
|Encipherment Certificate*||$100.00 / year||3 years||$50,000.00|
|Secure Signature-Creation Device (SSCD) Smart Card||$300.00|
|Smart Card Reader (ACR38 / ACR101 USB Portable)||$150.00 / $250.00|
Above amount is subject to change without any notice.